Sip it hosts a range of fun, stylish and informative private wine tasting experiences to suit you and your event – whether that be a birthday, dinner party, hen party or a gathering with friends or family. We are a London based company, but can cover most areas in South England.
To make things simple we have 3 different experiences for you to choose from. We can then work closely with you and your occasion to create a bespoke wine list and, if you like, a special theme like the ones listed below.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM A WINE TASTING
- x2 White wines, x2 Red wines a Sparkling Wine and/or a Dessert wine. However this is flexible and can use more White/Red wine depending on your preference.
- A 1.5 – 2 hour tasting journey through a selection of high quality wines. Learn to taste and to rate and find your preference to wine.
- Exciting, interactive and competitive team rounds throughout including blind wine tasting.
- A delicious matching food pairing where we will compare how the components in food affect the taste of our wine and learn why certain foods pair well with wine. You will never be lost with what wine to choose for your next dinner party.
- Learn how to choose a delicious wine that you will love off a large wine list
- Once you’ve tasted the amazing wine you can then buy your favourites from Sip it (optional only)
FOOD PAIRING MENU
This is an example food pairing menu. Each food pairing is made fresh on the day and is served as canapé type portions. The food pairings are highly recommended for the wine pairing.
MENU EXAMPLE 1: CHEESE FEAST
A delicious selection of seasonal and local artisan cheeses to pair with each wine. Perfect for all the cheese lovers.
MENU EXAMPLE 2: ITALIAN FEAST
- Fresh tomato and basil bruschetta
- Goats cheese and black olive tapenade crostini
- A selection of premium hard cheeses
- A selection of authentic Italian salami
- Gooey chocolate brownies
All food pairings can be adapted to cater for all dietary requirements.
AREAS WE COVER
London, Kent, Surrey, Sussex, Essex, Hertfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire. Travel expenses approx £40+.
However if your party is larger than 16 people then we can travel to areas such as Cambridgeshire, Hampshire, Oxfordshire. Travel expenses approx £50+. Please contact us directly to discuss your location and we will happily try to accommodate you.
- Sip it on trend – This experience is an education into tasting the most fashionable wine flying off the shelves. Find out what’s new in the wine world and shaking up our consumer habits.
- Sip it au natural – This experience is strictly raw! We will explore artesian wine made using only organic and biodynamic farming methods. This exciting au natural experience is kind not only to our palate but to our world too.
- Britain vs Europe – How does our very own English wine compare to the wine made in more established wine regions of the world? Well this experience will explore just that.